With technology constantly evolving, it becomes clear that the competition and rivalry between companies is on the rise!
Google Home is the latest Google product which is yet to be released on 6th April and it’s already causing a spat with Amazon’s Alexa. Retailing at £129.99, it is in high end competition with Amazon’s voice recognition Alexa – It’s battle of the speakers!
What is Google Home?
Google Home is the latest voice recognition from Google. It acts as your assistant by playing your music, finding out information and lots more just by asking it to. All you must do is say ‘OK Google’ and it will respond to you with whatever you ask it to.
What can Google Home do?
This product can do many things. After analysing what Amazon’s Alexa can do, Google have tried to one up it on the market and its abilities. Here are some of the following features what it can do:
- Control lights and mobile devices
- Give you information on weather and traffic updates
- Give you news from BBC, The Guardian, Financial Times (and more of course)
- The ability to translate words and phrases
- Search the internet and give you a detailed description
There is so much more it can do but these are the main features that’s said to wow retailers and consumers.
What are the pros and cons of Google Home?
There’s always pros and cons to every product, there is no product that’s ever perfect. Here are some of the pros and cons of the Google Home:
- It can give you a detailed answer of what you want to know (e.g. asking Google Home about a particular person).
- You can stream music on more than once device
- It supports YouTube and Google Play (Alexa doesn’t support any of these)
- The home sound is good for the size of the speaker
- The design of the speaker can be included in your home décor as it comes in a variety of colours
- One person can only use the device at once as it cannot multitask
- It cannot read or send messages form your phone
- There’s lack of mobility buttons on the top of the speaker
Where can I get a Google Home?
Google Home is available in the United States only for the time being but when it comes out in April, it will be sold in:
- John Lewis