As one door closes… another door opens. The slow death of Google+ has seen the beginning of something special – Google Photos. The only element of Google+ that was really worth saving, this handy app will solve all your photo managing problems. No ads, no social network baggage, just tons of storage space… and it’s all for free!
So what is Google Photos?
- A platform that allows users to back up and view a lifetime of photos across all devices. The handy app will organise your photo chaos!
- Perhaps the most impressive part of the app is the ability to search through your photos using objects and themes. Tap any categorisation (e.g nightclubs, dancing, outdoors, forests, food, concerts etc) and your photos will appear matching these descriptions. This is achieved without captions and texts, it’s like Google magic!
- The application also features editing tools and filters such as lighting, cropping and adjusting levels. Another quirky function is ‘Creations’. Here, you’ll find collages, animations and videos that Google has generated for you based on your images.
- No more tap tap tap tapping to select photos. Google has found a solution if you want to select a ton of photos at the same time. Press and hold down on any photo and drag your finger upward or downward to quickly select groups of photos.
- The ‘Get Link’ sharing feature creates an album that can be presented to anyone you like. The photos can then be shared with people that don’t even have the app!
- Free up space on your phone using Google Photos, once a photo has been backed up, there’s no need to store it on your phone because you can access it anytime via the app.
- The new Google Photos app is available for download on desktop, iOS, and Android.